Well it did not take the Buffalo Bills very long to find a new man to coach the defense. When Mike Pettine signed with the Cleveland Browns to become their 15th full-time head coach, the Bills moved on and hired a not so popular name around Detroit anymore. The Bills hired Jim Schwartz to be the team’s defensive coordinator in 2014.
The Detroit Lions fired Schwartz at the conclusion of the 2013 regular season when the team missed the playoffs for the second consecutive season. Not to mention, blowing a season that started off 6-3 to winding up getting the 10th pick in the NFL Draft.
One thing Schwartz did do was build a creditable defense during his time with the Lions. Something the Bills are hoping he can do with their already top-ten defense. In Pettine’s only season with the Bills, he led the defense to a franchise record of 57 sacks. Now that he is gone, Schwartz must continue that progression.
“We are excited to add a talented and accomplished coordinator in Jim Schwartz to our staff,” head coach Doug Marrone said in a statement. “Schwartz has led aggressive and productive defensive units throughout his time in the NFL and we feel our defense will continue to improve under his leadership.”
Schwartz’s defenses usually finish well against the run, which is what the Bills need him for. The Bills struggled last year against the run but were second in sacks and interceptions. We will see if the hire works out.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bills Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bills Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Buffalo Bills news.
- Predicting the Final Seven Games of the Bills 2020 Schedule on
- Jim Kelly Predicts the Bills Will Win the AFC East – If Not Than Something is Wrong on
- Bills 2020 Schedule Released, Opener at Home Vs Jets on
- Video: Bills Blow 13-0 Lead, Fall to Texans in AFC Wild Card Game in Houston 22-19 on
- Guess the Score of the Bills-Patriots and Win an Amazing Josh Allen Bobblehead from Forever Collectibles on