Bills running back Fred Jackson has been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Jets with a calf injury, head coach Chan Gailey announced on Wednesday.
Jackson was injured in the fourth quarter of last Sunday’s 35-8 loss to the Dolphins. Jackson had a season-low seven rushing attempts for 17 yards against the Dolphins prior to his injury.
Gailey suggested that Jackson’s season could be over.
“Fred’s not good, and I know he’ll miss this one,” Gailey said according to Mark Gaughan of The Buffalo News. “Then we’ll have to decide what happens from there.”
With Jackson out of the lineup, 2010 first-round pick C.J. Spiller and 2011 fifth-round pick Johnny White will be counted on to carry the load in the backfield against the Jets, who rank 17th against the run this season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bills Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bills Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Buffalo Bills news.
- Predicting the Final Seven Games of the Bills 2020 Schedule on
- Jim Kelly Predicts the Bills Will Win the AFC East – If Not Than Something is Wrong on
- Bills 2020 Schedule Released, Opener at Home Vs Jets on
- Video: Bills Blow 13-0 Lead, Fall to Texans in AFC Wild Card Game in Houston 22-19 on
- Guess the Score of the Bills-Patriots and Win an Amazing Josh Allen Bobblehead from Forever Collectibles on