Why the Bills were throwing in the late stages of the game with a lead Sunday were anyone’s guess. It could have been a death blow for head coach Dick Jauron, who took the blame for the play call that cost the Bills the game when J.P. Losman fumbled and Shaun Ellis took the ball in for the score, making it a 31-27 game, which was the final.
“Clearly the responsibility for the last call, the play-action pass, that was mine,” Jauron said. “That goes right on me. It backfired clearly and caused us to lose the game. … It’s one of those times in a game that’s pretty good for a pass, right before the 2-minute.”
Jauron refused to blame Losman, who was making his second straight start for the injured Trent Edwards. “It’s on my shoulders to protect him, to keep him from that situation,” Jauron said, “and I didn’t do it.”
And most likely Jauron will lose his job because of it. He’s been on the hot seat with the Bills dropping 7 of their last 8 games. If Ralph Wilson ever wanted more of a reason to fire Jauron, he now has it.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bills Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bills Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Buffalo Bills news.
- Predicting the Final Seven Games of the Bills 2020 Schedule on
- Jim Kelly Predicts the Bills Will Win the AFC East – If Not Than Something is Wrong on
- Bills 2020 Schedule Released, Opener at Home Vs Jets on
- Video: Bills Blow 13-0 Lead, Fall to Texans in AFC Wild Card Game in Houston 22-19 on
- Guess the Score of the Bills-Patriots and Win an Amazing Josh Allen Bobblehead from Forever Collectibles on