The fumbling issues Bills running back Devin Singletary has been plagued with in training camp thus far could cost him the starting job according to Joe Buscaglia of The Athletic.
Hot on his heels is rookie Zack Moss, a third-round pick out of Utah. Buscaglia added that Moss, the bigger of the two backs, is the superior option between the tackles and is “the likelier option for goal line touches.”
Singletary, the Bills’ third-round pick in 2019 out of Florida Atlantic, showed a lot of promise in his own rookie season with 775 rushing yards, 194 receiving yards, and four touchdowns in 12 games but even then displayed a propensity for fumbling.
With veteran Frank Gore now gone, the starting job seemed to be Singletary’s but coaches have emphasized that he must improve with ball security and blitz pickup. Moss, meanwhile, has shined as a ball carrier and a pass catcher.
This is a fluid situation and Singletary will still likely be the starter in the backfield starting Week 1. Moss could, however, be a really sleeper in the fantasy world with standalone value even if Singletary remains the No.1 back and could be league winner if Singletary’s fumbling issues continue.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bills Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bills Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Buffalo Bills news.
- Predicting the Final Seven Games of the Bills 2020 Schedule on
- Jim Kelly Predicts the Bills Will Win the AFC East – If Not Than Something is Wrong on
- Bills 2020 Schedule Released, Opener at Home Vs Jets on
- Video: Bills Blow 13-0 Lead, Fall to Texans in AFC Wild Card Game in Houston 22-19 on
- Guess the Score of the Bills-Patriots and Win an Amazing Josh Allen Bobblehead from Forever Collectibles on