Bills head coach Chan Gailey effectively confirmed that Buffalo’s backup quarterback competition will be a two man competition.
In talking about the team’s plans for Brad Smith, Gailey locked Brad Smith into the number 3 quarterback role as a multi-faceted Wildcat threat.
“He’ll go into the season, unless something major changes which I don’t foresee, he’ll be the third quarterback so he’s got to have enough quarterback knowledge to get you out of a game,” said Gailey of Smith.
That leaves Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen in direct competition with one another for the backup quarterback job behind starter Ryan Fitzpatrick. Since Thigpen has returned to the practice setting from his strained abdominal muscle he has seen more of the snaps with the second unit, but Young has rotated in.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bills Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bills Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Buffalo Bills news.
- Predicting the Final Seven Games of the Bills 2020 Schedule on
- Jim Kelly Predicts the Bills Will Win the AFC East – If Not Than Something is Wrong on
- Bills 2020 Schedule Released, Opener at Home Vs Jets on
- Video: Bills Blow 13-0 Lead, Fall to Texans in AFC Wild Card Game in Houston 22-19 on
- Guess the Score of the Bills-Patriots and Win an Amazing Josh Allen Bobblehead from Forever Collectibles on