If anyone thinks that the signing of Vince Young means the end of Ryan Fitzpatrick as the Bills starting QB – think again.
Buddy Nix, the Bills GM, says that there’s no doubt that Fitzpatrick is the teams starter.
“Buddy Nix has been a guy that has been very fair to all his player, he’s been a guy who’s been trying to create a competitive atmosphere,” Fitzpatrick told SiriusXM NFL Radio Wednesday.
“Buddy caught me in the hallway one day and said, ‘We’re looking to create some competition for the number two spot at quarterback, we are bringing in Vince Young. We made him an offer. We’ll see if he comes. But just to let you know, obviously, you are our guy and we are just trying to get better at every position.’
“And when people are upfront and honest with you and telling you what is going on, then it makes everything go much smoother. And for me, I’m a guy that’s got to go out there and perform, and I know that, just like every quarterback in the league knows that.”
Fitzpatrick last season threw for 3832 yards and 24 touchdowns and 23 picks with a QB rating of 79.1. Rib injuries halted a hot start for Fitzpatrick, but he played through the pain and deserves to be the starter for the Bills when the season starts.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bills Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bills Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Buffalo Bills news.
- Predicting the Final Seven Games of the Bills 2020 Schedule on
- Jim Kelly Predicts the Bills Will Win the AFC East – If Not Than Something is Wrong on
- Bills 2020 Schedule Released, Opener at Home Vs Jets on
- Video: Bills Blow 13-0 Lead, Fall to Texans in AFC Wild Card Game in Houston 22-19 on
- Guess the Score of the Bills-Patriots and Win an Amazing Josh Allen Bobblehead from Forever Collectibles on