As the time draws closer and closer for the NFL players and owners to get a deal done, the Bills are going to be in a good position in terms of being able to spend money right away on players they may want to keep or go get in free agency according to the Buffalo News.
Numerous reports indicate the salary cap for each team for the 2011 season will be about $120 million. The Bills’ payroll currently stands at about $82 million for their top 53 players, or $38 million under the cap, according to Buffalo News figures.
That gives the Bills plenty of flexibility in spending.
They will try to sign at least a couple of free agents. The biggest one they would like to keep is linebacker Paul Posluszny, and they are certain to be in the market for a veteran backup to quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.
They need to sign their rookies, including University of Alabama defensive lineman Marcell Dareus, the third overall pick in the NFL Draft.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bills Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bills Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Buffalo Bills news.
- Predicting the Final Seven Games of the Bills 2020 Schedule on
- Jim Kelly Predicts the Bills Will Win the AFC East – If Not Than Something is Wrong on
- Bills 2020 Schedule Released, Opener at Home Vs Jets on
- Video: Bills Blow 13-0 Lead, Fall to Texans in AFC Wild Card Game in Houston 22-19 on
- Guess the Score of the Bills-Patriots and Win an Amazing Josh Allen Bobblehead from Forever Collectibles on