Russ Loede at NFLGridironGab.com wrote a piece on Monday about the needs of teams that didn’t make the postseason in 2010, and their needs in the upcoming April Draft. Here’s what he had to say about the Bills and their needs.
Buffalo Bills, 3rd Overall Pick – Need: QB. Answer: Cam Newton, Auburn. In order to make up for a deficiency of talent, lack of star power in Buffalo would be to draft the solution at the most important position in the game. Cam Newton is easily the most skilled QB, and player, in this year’s Draft. He will likely be available at pick #3; you can’t pass up your future. The days of Jim Kelly and the 20th century are over. The Bills haven’t reached the postseason since the 1999 season, haven’t hosted a playoff game since 1996, and haven’t won a game beyond the regular season since 1995.
It’s now time to pair up your 21st century RB sensation C.J. Spiller with a backfield partner with similar explosion and play making ability. Don’t pull an “Atlanta Hawks” in the 2005 NBA Draft and pass up a major need (Point Guard=Quarterback) at the top of the board by playing it safe and choosing a “Marvin Williams” (Nick Fairley, Marcell Dareus) at the sacrifice of a “Chris Paul” or “Deron Williams” (Cam Newton). Don’t trade down, either. Just pick Cam.
Click HERE to see the entire article.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bills Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bills Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Buffalo Bills news.
- Predicting the Final Seven Games of the Bills 2020 Schedule on
- Jim Kelly Predicts the Bills Will Win the AFC East – If Not Than Something is Wrong on
- Bills 2020 Schedule Released, Opener at Home Vs Jets on
- Video: Bills Blow 13-0 Lead, Fall to Texans in AFC Wild Card Game in Houston 22-19 on
- Guess the Score of the Bills-Patriots and Win an Amazing Josh Allen Bobblehead from Forever Collectibles on