By Abe Munch
Quan Sturdivant, MLB, North Carolina, 6’2 230
Position Ranking: #2
Strengths: Plays with consistently good technique and gap discipline. Natural when taking on blockers, extends arms and bends at the knees to properly disengage. Played all three linebacker positions. Good overall instincts, and goes through his read & keys before releasing in pursuit. Reacts well to the cutback lane and is steady with containment. Attacks downhill against the inside isolation runs. Good footwork in his shuffle. Has the hips/ feet to be effective in underneath coverage. 3-down linebacker who played zone coverage regularly and was asked to spy athletic quarterbacks. Takes good angles to the ball carrier and has the speed to consistently get out in front (when healthy). Has been a starter since his freshman year. Team captain.
Needs Improvement: Doesn’t show burst in his release or when closing on the ball carrier. Isn’t always quick to disengage from lineman (despite technique) and will need to improve his overall strength. Could improve his aggressiveness, at times it looked as if he was going through the motions; won’t always attack lineman or run hard against plays away from him. Tackling technique was off/on. Wasn’t used much close to the line scrimmage or on blitz calls.
Click HERE to read the rest
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bills Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bills Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Buffalo Bills news.
- Predicting the Final Seven Games of the Bills 2020 Schedule on
- Jim Kelly Predicts the Bills Will Win the AFC East – If Not Than Something is Wrong on
- Bills 2020 Schedule Released, Opener at Home Vs Jets on
- Video: Bills Blow 13-0 Lead, Fall to Texans in AFC Wild Card Game in Houston 22-19 on
- Guess the Score of the Bills-Patriots and Win an Amazing Josh Allen Bobblehead from Forever Collectibles on