After being let go by the St. Louis Rams earlier in the year, quarterback Marc Bulger has been signed by the Baltimore Ravens to a one-year $3.8 million dollar deal to backup franchise quarterback Joe Flacco. The signing of Bulger makes the 2006 Heisman Trophy winner, Troy Smith, expendable.
While Smith’s career numbers in the NFL are anything but impressive, one can argue that the QB just hasn’t found the right system to show off his skill set. So now that the backfield in Baltimore is all but set in stone, Peter Schmuck of ‘The Baltimore Sun’ believes that it could help all parties involved if Troy Smith was traded to the Bills for a chance to win the starting job.
With Chan Gailey remaining quiet on the current quarterback situation in Buffalo, why not add this mobile Heisman Trophy winner to the roster? If Chan Gailey plans on running the spread offense as many believe, wouldn’t it be a good idea to add a QB that doesn’t need to rely on an unproven offensive line to throw the ball down the field?
We’ve all seen what Trent Edwards, and Ryan Fitzpatrick can do on the field, and with Brian Brohm and Levi Brown looking more and more like practice squad material, will the Bills pull the trigger and add another quarterback to their roster before training camp? At this point with all the uncertainly in the Bills future, I say why not?
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bills Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bills Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Buffalo Bills news.
- Predicting the Final Seven Games of the Bills 2020 Schedule on
- Jim Kelly Predicts the Bills Will Win the AFC East – If Not Than Something is Wrong on
- Bills 2020 Schedule Released, Opener at Home Vs Jets on
- Video: Bills Blow 13-0 Lead, Fall to Texans in AFC Wild Card Game in Houston 22-19 on
- Guess the Score of the Bills-Patriots and Win an Amazing Josh Allen Bobblehead from Forever Collectibles on